Words: Ellie Davies
125g butter or margarine, softened
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
125g self-raising flour
White Chocolate Buttercream Filling:
80g white chocolate
100g icing sugar
Milk Chocolate Buttercream Covering:
160g milk chocolate
200g icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease two circular baking tins with margarine/butter.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until pale coloured.
- Whisk the eggs in one by one until the mixture is runny.
- Sift the flour in and fold into the mixture using a spoon, to make the cakes light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture into the two tins equally and spread using a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 25minutes. Check they are done by sticking a knife into one of the cakes and making sure no cake mixture is left on the knife on removal.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- Separately, sift the icing sugar into the butter and whisk together.
- Slowly pour the white chocolate into the mixture and mix.
- Spread evenly over one of the cake halves, then sandwich the two together.
- Repeat method for the milk chocolate and spread evenly over the outside of the cake.
- Finish by grating some white chocolate over the cake.